Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day Sixteen: What Matters Most

"No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." 1 Corinthians 13:3b (Msg)

"Love means living the way God commanded us to live. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is this: Live a life of love." 2 John 1:6 (NCV)

Stuff That Stuck Out:
  • Life is all about love.
  • Because God is love, the most important lesson he wants you to learn on earth is how to love.
  • God wants his family to be known for its love more than anything else. Jesus said our love for each other -- not our doctrinal beliefs -- is our greatest witness to the world.
  • There are three important truths we learn through fellowship:
THE BEST USE OF LIFE IS LOVE
  • Life without love is really worthless.
    • Relationships, not achievements or the acquisition of things, are what matters most in life.
    • The point of life is learning to love -- God and people. Life minus love equals zero.
  • Love will last forever.
    • Love leaves a legacy and is the secret of a lasting heritage.
  • We will be evaluated on our love.
    • One of the ways God measures spiritual maturity is by the quality of your relationships.
THE BEST EXPRESSION OF LOVE IS TIME
  • The greatest gift you can give someone is your time.
  • Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is "T-I-M-E."
  • The essence of love is not what we think or do or provide for others, but how much we give of ourselves.
  • You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.
  • Love means giving up -- yielding my preferences, comfort, goals, security, money, energy, or time for the benefit of someone else.
THE BEST TIME TO LOVE IS NOW
  • The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now.
Point To Ponder: Life is all about love.

Verse To Remember: "The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Galatians 5:14 (NIV)

Question To Consider: Honestly, are relationships my first priority? How can I ensure that they are?

No comments: